Race Day Checklist
Back to overview
It's almost time for the next Wings for Life World Run – Are you ready for the biggest App Run ever?
We are absolutely thrilled that you’ll be running with us on Sunday – It's really important to us that you’ll have a great running experience and that everything works flawlessly on race day ;-) So here comes your checklist for race day:
- Check if you are using the latest version of the app. (Android / iOS)
- Be sure to adjust the battery and location settings on your phone. On our website you will find detailed video instructions for the settings on all smartphone types. To enable GPS tracking please select Allow when using the app and set to Always allow.
- Make sure your audio settings are correct, so you’ll be able to join our audio experience. If you change your app language and your audio region, you will be able to hear the audio experience in another language.
- Check your phone battery is charged to 100% and close all apps you won't need during the race – this saves battery.
- On race day, get outdoors 5-10 minutes before the start and make sure you have a sufficient GPS reception. Why not choose a route now and do a test lap?
- Don't forget your headphones – there's a whole Audio Experience waiting for you ;-)
- Turn on your favorite songs. You'll find motivational playlists in the app.
- Make sure to press the Start Button when the race starts, so we can track you and you're officially part of the race.
- iOS users watch out: To fully enjoy the warm-up program of the Audio Experience (12:30 to 13:00 CET), the app must always be running in the foreground on your device. So please do not put your phone in your pocket during this time, lock the screen, or open another app to bring it to the foreground. Once the race has started, you can conveniently stow your phone and don't have to worry about it.
- Have as much fun as possible!
Live at the race
Here your family and friends can follow the race and get a taste of the unique World Run feeling. Live results, live moderation, messages and pictures of participants from all over the world are waiting for them.
We are so grateful about everybody who joins us for this year's Wings for Life World Run. THANK YOU, from the bottom of our hearts. Have a great time on Race Day!