Are you ready to go?
Back to overview
Excitement. Joy. And great, great anticipation – that about describes our emotional state just a few hours before the next Wings for Life World Run on May 8. We can hardly wait to get running for a good cause with thousands of people worldwide.
To make sure everything goes smoothly on race day, here's your checklist:
- Make sure you have the latest version of the app downloaded.
- Don't forget your headphones on race day – you're in for a really cool listening experience :-)
- Be sure to adjust your battery and location settings. There are detailed instructions on the Wings for Life World Run website depending on your smartphone type.
- Close all apps you don't need during the race to save energy. If you no longer hear motivational announcements, close the Wings for Life World Run app and restart it.
- On race day, be outside 5-10 minutes before the start and make sure you have enough GPS reception.
- Turn on your favorite songs and have as much fun as you can!
Whether it's on your favorite running course in the woods, in the mountains, on the beach, or at a Flagship Run, every participation helps making spinal cord injury curable. 100% of the entry fees go to spinal cord research. This way, we can continue working to help people like Aaron Baker:
Live at the event
ServusTV will broadcast the Wings for Life World Run live starting at 11:30 a.m. – Additionally, family and friends can follow the race here.